Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Hazlehurst, MS
Workers’ comp or injured-on-the-job programs are designed to benefit employees injured or who become ill while performing their work duties. It is a legal obligation for employers to provide this type of coverage to their workers regardless of who may be at fault.
MS Workers’ Comp Law
Mississippi has a no-fault insurance plan for workers’ compensation. This plan covers any injury or illness that occurs while working and any work-related deaths. If you work for an employer with five or more employees, they must provide you with workers’ compensation insurance. If you have an incident, you’ll want to notify your employer within 30 days and file a claim with the Workers’ Compensation Commission within two years.
Keep in mind that if you do receive benefits from workers’ compensation, you won’t be able to sue your employer for damages. This is one of the reasons why it’s crucial to have an experienced Mississippi workers’ compensation attorney on your side. They can help you get the maximum benefits and ensure all paperwork is filled out correctly.
How to File a Workers Comp Claim in MS
If you’re considering filing a claim, your first step should be to contact a Mississippi workers’ compensation attorney. They’ll be able to review your case and guide you on how to proceed.
In addition, they can help you understand the different types of benefits available in Mississippi, such as medical bills, lost wages and death benefits. It’s important to remember that the amount of money you receive is based on your particular circumstances and the severity of your injury.
Your attorney will also be able to advise you on the legal process, including filing deadlines and any appeals that may need to be filed. They’ll ensure all paperwork is in order and help you understand all required forms or documents. Lastly, they can represent you in court if necessary.
It’s essential to find an experienced and knowledgeable Mississippi workers’ compensation attorney who understands the intricacies of your case and has a proven track record of success.
Common Workers Comp Cases
Depending on your job, you may encounter many different types of risks. Here are some common examples of workers’ compensation cases:
- Falls and Slips: If you work in a field where you’re more prone to slip or fall and get hurt, then workers’ compensation can help cover your medical bills.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: If you do a job that requires repetitive motions, then you may be able to receive workers’ compensation for any issues related to it.
- Occupational Illness: Workers can also get sick due to their work environment and may be eligible for workers’ compensation if this is the case.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: This repetitive motion injury can cause pain, numbness, and tingling in your hands or wrists. Workers’ compensation can help pay for medical bills associated with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Back Injuries: If you suffer a back injury while on the job, then workers’ compensation may be able to help.
- Death Benefits: If a worker is killed in an accident or due to a work-related illness or injury, the family may be eligible for death benefits from their state’s workers’ compensation program.
Attorney in Hazlehurst, MS
If you or someone you know has been injured on the job, it’s essential to understand your rights and options under the law. At Pickard Law, our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys can help guide you through filing a claim and obtaining benefits.
We are committed to ensuring that our clients receive the best possible outcome. Contact Pickard Law today for a free consultation and to learn more about your rights!